Many of you have let me know that some of my image pairings & arrangements pop up in other venues such as Facebook Swipe groups (esp. the great COMICS SWIPES Facebook group). Well, I'm flattered the posts are popular and that people enjoy PANELOCITY's swipes and "inspired bys", regardless of where they are presented. After all, the Internet is meant for sharing, right?

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Fantastic Four #153 (Pt 15) Medusa--Fearless Front Facer!



Fantastic Four 82 Inhumans
Fantastic Four #82 (1969) Jack Kirby
Fantastic Four 153 Mahkizmo
Fantastic Four #153 (1974) Rich Buckler

2 comments:

  1. If I didn't know that Buckler hired Perez to find swipes for every panel, I would think this one a coincidence. The only thing these two panels have in common is the 3/4 angle on Medusa's face, and that's pretty standard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, very standard shot. However I think the face (outline, shape) was possibly traced. Also the face size and the face's basic positioning in the panels match up. By comparison her body in the #153 panel looks very awkward, as if it was an afterthought and done freehand.

      Just FYI, I do post panels here that merely remind me of other panels. Check out the header text underneath the blog title; it's much more than swipes or even homages.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...