Many of you have let me know that some of my image pairings & arrangements pop up in other venues such as Facebook Swipe groups (esp. the great COMICS SWIPES Facebook group). Well, I'm flattered the posts are popular and that people enjoy PANELOCITY's swipes and "inspired bys", regardless of where they are presented. After all, the Internet is meant for sharing, right?

Monday, October 16, 2017

Steranko's Captain America and Hawkeye's Avengers

West Coast Avengers Hawkeye
1969: Captain America #111 Jim Steranko                               1984: West Coast Avengers #1 Bob Hall        

4 comments:

  1. I remember when both of those comics came out, but the resemblance never occurred to me. You have a great eye, and an equally great memory! Always look forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, SF --appreciate the kind words.

      I have some more of Rich Buckler's FF run that I'll post starting in January. Until then, it'll be sporadic stuff like this--glad you enjoy it.

      Delete
  2. Well, just a deliberate homage, not a swipe so much. The Cap cover is more dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it's a great cover to homage, isn't it?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...