Many of you have let me know that some of my image pairings & arrangements pop up in other venues such as Facebook Swipe groups (esp. the great COMICS SWIPES Facebook group). Well, I'm flattered the posts are popular and that people enjoy PANELOCITY's swipes and "inspired bys", regardless of where they are presented. After all, the Internet is meant for sharing, right?

Monday, July 30, 2018

Avengers #103 and #82 - Quicksilver's Cargo

Avengers 82 Thomas-Buscema
1970: Avengers #82 John Buscema
Avengers 103 Sentinels
1972: Avengers #103 Rich Buckler



2 comments:

  1. I think I liked his original green outfit better. I first encountered him in X-Men #5, his second appearance.

    And I'm absolutely disgusted that Marvel's Ultimate Universe has him and Wanda as incestuous lovers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the green better too. I get that the light blue (starting from #75, when he and Wanda returned to the Avengers after a couple years away) was supposed to evoke "silver", but to me it just looked like the color of faded PJs or something.

      I've read about the Ultimate Wanda and Pietro -- and decided to pass on reading any actual issues. I'll stick to my back issues from the Silver Age and selected Essential volumes.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...