Many of you have let me know that some of my image pairings & arrangements pop up in other venues such as Facebook Swipe groups (esp. the great COMICS SWIPES Facebook group). Well, I'm flattered the posts are popular and that people enjoy PANELOCITY's swipes and "inspired bys", regardless of where they are presented. After all, the Internet is meant for sharing, right?

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Giant-Size Avengers #1 (Pt 7) Captain America and Whizzer Again


Giant Size Avengers 1-RichBuckler-Thomas
Giant-Size Avengers #1 (1974) Buckler
Captain America 105-InNameofBatroc
Captain America #105 (1968) Kirby

A possible inspiration-This image of Wanda has always reminded me of Crystal from Fantastic Four #45. Sure, it's not a slam dunk like Cap/Whizzer above--it's mostly the shape/length of the foregrounded leg, the shading to hint at the other leg in the background, set of the torso, etc.--but I love both Wanda and Crystal, so I'm including these! 
GiantSizeAvengers1-Thomas-Buckler
Fantastic Four 45-Crystal-Johnny
Fantastic Four #45 (1965) Kirby

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...