Many of you have let me know that some of my image pairings & arrangements pop up in other venues such as Facebook Swipe groups (esp. the great COMICS SWIPES Facebook group). Well, I'm flattered the posts are popular and that people enjoy PANELOCITY's swipes and "inspired bys", regardless of where they are presented. After all, the Internet is meant for sharing, right?

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Fantastic Four #151 (Pt 16) Iron Man, Sub-Mariner, Torch and Mahkizmo

Tales to Astonish 82 Kirby Iron Man
1966: Tales to Astonish #82 Kirby
Fantastic Four 151 Mahkizmo
1974: Fantastic Four #151 Buckler

3 comments:

  1. Did Buckler ever draw an original panel? I ask the question only somewhat rhetorically. I read on his wikipedia page that he threatened to sue The Comics Journal but later withdrew the lawsuit. I don't have access to the archives, but I hope I can read the stories later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have often wondered EXACTLY the same thing!!! In fact, Joe Sinnott is anecdotally said to have been quoted saying "Rich Buckler - where I was paid twice for the same exact inking job."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kent!
      Interesting comment from Sinnott, thanks. Seems that tptb wanted that classic FF 1960s look continued and the Buckler-Sinnott combo certainly provided it, didn't they? :)
      Btw, I have some more of the Buckler-Sinnott FF coming up in May. Hope you'll stop by.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...